Fulham Man Jailed for Series of Violent Attacks on Women

Guilty of 20 charges including five incidents on a single day in Hammersmith

Philip Ogun, 34, of Stevenage Road in Fulham targeted women on three separate days in December 2016 and January 2017 in the female toilets at a Hilton Hotel, a McDonald's restaurant and on the streets around Shepherd's Bush.

Philip Ogun
Philip Ogun

As we reported when Ogun was arrested on 17 January this year, the series of offences included five incidents in one day in the Hammersmith area.

After reports that five women had been approached by a man with a knife, Ogun was detained near Ravenscourt Park.

ravenscourt park

The Crown Prosecution Service says that during one of the attacks he planned to sexually assault a schoolgirl in a park while holding a knife against her throat, but fortunately, she escaped and ran to safety.

Ogun was sentenced to ten years in prison on 27 September at Isleworth Crown Court after being found guilty of 20 charges at a trial earlier this year.

The charges in full were:

Six counts of threatening another person with an offensive weapon
Four counts of common assault
Three counts of robbery.
One count each of:
abducting a child under 16
possession of an offensive weapon in a public place
causing a person to engage in sexual activity without consent
attempting to cause someone to engage in sexual activity without consent
sexual assault
committing an offence with the intention of kidnapping to commit a sexual offence

His full sentence was ten years imprisonment, four years extended supervision order and he was made subject to a Sexual Harm Prevention Order until further notice.

Raj Clare from the CPS said:"This was an extremely worrying case of escalating violent behaviour on the streets of west London. Each of his victims was put in fear in one way or another.

"He denied involvement in any of the attacks but was identified by his victims after being caught on hotel CCTV.

"We are extremely grateful to them for supporting this prosecution and giving the evidence which saw Ogun convicted."

October 2,2017