H&F Citizens Advice Bureau Are Still Here to Help

Local people urged to phone or email if they need advice and support

Though their face to face service has been suspended during the crisis, Citizens Advice Hammersmith & Fulham say that they are still here to help local people with the problems they face.

As always, the service is free, impartial, independent and confidential, and staff and volunteers to encouraging people to get in touch by phone or email, and to tell friends and family to contact the service if they need support.

The quickest way to contact Citizens Advice is by completing the email form at www.cahf.org.uk.

You can also ask for advice by telephone on 0300 330 1162 (Monday - Friday, 10am-4pm)

Here's a selection of the most common issues they have been dealing with this week:

- Understanding how to make a claim for Universal Credit

- Checking that people are getting all the benefits they're entitled to

- Explaining how furlough works and discussing it with employers

- Help bridging the gap between pay days

- Talking with banks and other creditors to ask for a freeze on repayments

- Problems getting money back from hotels/holidays that are now cancelled

But, they add: " You can ask us anything and we'll do our best to help."

If you're struggling with Debt, whilst many organisations who you might owe money to may have agreed to defer payments, you can still get help if you are unsure or need help negotiating repayments.

There is a separate phone number for those with questions about debt. Call 020 3137 6295
from Monday to Monday - Friday, 10am - 4pm or complete the email form here

April 9, 2020

Related links
Related links

Citizens Advice Hammersmith & Fulham