Local MP Greg Hands Goes Underground
Schedule includes tour of new Tottenham Court Road Crossrail Station
That was just one of the destinations included in his busy schedule at the start of 2017, detailed in is latest e-bulletin.
That schedule includes the following:
- Held a roundtable with local Chelsea and Fulham residents concerned about the recently approved redevelopment of Stamford Bridge Stadium, with special thanks to the Imperial on the King’s Road for hosting!
- Toured with Sir Terry Morgan, Chairman of Crossrail, the new Crossrail station at Tottenham Court Road. The main sections of Crossrail, or the Elizabeth Line, will open in 2018, and will profoundly impact public transport in London.
- As Minister of State for International Trade, Greg visited the USA for a three-day export and investment promotion visit in Seattle and San Diego. Greg met with around 30 companies, both UK exporters and US investors, including Amazon, Boeing, and Starbucks.
- Hosted a round-table for the energy industry in London, through the Energy Industries Council, the EIC.
- Visited Stockholm and Linkoping in Sweden, as Minister of State, for a two-day trade visit, including meetings with Saab, Qinetiq, and the Swedish Minister for Trade and EU Affairs.
- Addressed the Isle of Wight Conservatives at their Association dinner in Ryde, Isle of Wight, kindly hosted by Ryde School.
- Was interviewed by the San Diego Union Tribune newspaper on the UK’s important life sciences sector and its exports to the United States.
- Welcomed Spain’s Counsellor for Agriculture, Snr Gonzalez-Quevado to the Department for International Trade.
- Visited innovative life sciences company Horizon Discovery in Cambridge.
- Held his constituency surgery at Metro Bank in Chelsea, kindly hosted by MetroBank. To request an appointment, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 020 7219 5448.
February 9, 2017